Tuesday 17 July 2018

The New And The Old

Today me and my Nan went for a very early morning walk round the lake, by early I mean we got out at 7:15. We went on the walk because I like walking, I like nature and I like animals 


On our walk we came across a greylag goose gosling and two greylag geese. It was the first greylag gosling that we've seen on the lake here are some facts about them. They eat things such as grass, roots, cereal leaves and spilled grain, they have a wing span of 147-180 cm  oh and they are the largest of the wild geese native to the UK. They are quite rare on our lake because it is mostly Canadian geese but we have got two grebes and several swans 

We were about half way through the walk when I saw two cygnets and a female swan I think that they were mute swans too. did you know that they have a wingspan of 208-238 and they eat: water plants, insects and snails.

             

we also saw a grey heron which we haven't seen for ages
it was in mating season I think and heirs some of the things
he eats: fish, voles and frogs   there wingspan is 175-195cm
and there are over 13,000 heron nests in the UK      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fairy Rings

Last year we came across a fairy ring, at first I didn't know what it was but nana do so she told me, we took a picture of it but we for...