Friday 15 April 2016

Bald Eagle

Over the last  few days I have been watching a live feed  family of  bald eagles . 




"The male was brought to the park in 2005 and the female arrived in 2006, and since then the birds have established a territory in Sauces Canyon, on Santa Cruz Island. 


The birds were introduced back into the park in 2006  after bald eagles went extinct in the 1960s due to contamination from a pesticide called DDT. Now they have re-established themselves on most of the islands scattered throughout the marine park, but this is the first time that this particular pair of eagles 

have successfully hatched chicks, after three years of trying."

I have seen the adults getting fish ,birds,small mammals and tearing a part to feed the chicks 


I have put a link blow to the feed    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fairy Rings

Last year we came across a fairy ring, at first I didn't know what it was but nana do so she told me, we took a picture of it but we for...